Ma Su Su (Amethyst)
$800.00 – $1,150.00
A sleek open contemporary design. Graceful curves embrace the center stone. Named after the Burmese human rights defender. Set with a responsibly sourced 1 1/4 carat round cut fair trade amethyst.
Behind the name
“I took my prison uniform with me because I know that I will have to come back to prison until Burma gains democracy.” —Ma Su Su Nwe
Our solitaire ring is named in honor of the Burmese human rights defender, Ma Su Su Nwe. Ma Su Su came to the world’s attention in 2006 for her inspiring individual efforts to bring the Burmese junta’s representatives in her village to justice for forcing her and her neighbors to repair a road without pay. She was put on trial for “insulting and disrupting a government official on duty” and was sentenced to 18 months in Insein Prison, notorious for its horrific conditions. Because of her participation in the peaceful protests in Rangoon in September 2007 that led to a violent crackdown by Burmese military forces, Ma Su Su was sentenced to 12 1/2 years and remains among the more than 2,000 political prisoners held in Burma.
This item will be prepared for the lucky recipient with the following:
- Sleek and eco-friendly Leber Jeweler presentation box
- Earthwise Jewelry® certificate detailing the item and describing the Earthwise Jewelry® Collection
- Jewelry care and ring resizing information
- Complimentary ring resizing within 60 days of purchase on most rings, see details
- Eco-friendly gift wrapping (upon request)
- Appraisal for items over $2,000 (otherwise upon request)
- Complimentary domestic UPS express shipping