Sally (Yellow Sapphire)
$1,625.00 – $2,450.00
She was the first American woman to reach outer space. Rounded prongs delicately hold the center stone atop a 3 mm rounded shank. The four-prong head sits atop the shank to allow a companion band to sit flush. Set with a responsibly sourced 1 carat rectangular cut fair trade yellow sapphire.
Behind the name
Named in honor of the first American woman in space, Sally Ride, a mission specialist on STS-7 that launched from Kennedy Space Center, Florida, on June 18, 1983.
Long an advocate for improved science education, Dr. Ride wrote five science books for children: To Space and Back; Voyager; The Third Planet; The Mystery of Mars; and Exploring Our Solar System. She has also initiated and directed education projects designed to fuel middle school students’ fascination with science. Dr. Ride has received numerous honors and awards in addition to being inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame and the Astronaut Hall of Fame.
This item will be prepared for the lucky recipient with the following:
- Sleek and eco-friendly Leber Jeweler presentation box
- Earthwise Jewelry® certificate detailing the item and describing the Earthwise Jewelry® Collection
- Jewelry care and ring resizing information
- Complimentary ring resizing within 60 days of purchase on most rings, see details
- Eco-friendly gift wrapping (upon request)
- Appraisal for items over $2,000 (otherwise upon request)
- Complimentary domestic UPS express shipping