Origami Peace Crane
$875.00 – $1,175.00
The origami craneﾗa symbol of peace, long life, and prosperity. Measures approximately 7/8 inches (h) x 1/2 inch (w) x 3/16 inches (d).
Pendant available in 18k white reclaimed gold with palladium alloy, 18k yellow reclaimed gold or 950 reclaimed platinum Includes 18 karat yellow gold or 18k white gold 18-inch cable chain with lobster clasp.
Behind the name
It is Japanese legend that anyone who folds 1,000 cranes of paper is granted one wish.
The ancient story was made famous when, 10 years after the atomic bomb fell on the city of Hiroshima, a young girl named Sadako Sasaki folded 1,000 cranes because she had become sickened with leukemia from the radiation. Her one wish was to get better. While Sadako later died of her illness, local school children joined together to raise money to help build the Children’s Peace Monument In Peace Memorial Park, Hiroshima, Japan. At the top of the monument is a statue of Sadako, holding a single crane.
Sadako’s story is used to teach children about the consequences of war, and the power of individuals to bring about change.
This item will be prepared for the lucky recipient with the following:
- Sleek and eco-friendly Leber Jeweler presentation box
- Earthwise Jewelry® certificate detailing the item and describing the Earthwise Jewelry® Collection
- Jewelry care and ring resizing information
- Complimentary ring resizing within 60 days of purchase on most rings, see details
- Eco-friendly gift wrapping (upon request)
- Appraisal for items over $2,000 (otherwise upon request)
- Complimentary domestic UPS express shipping